One of the best gaming quotes ever?
One of the best gaming quotes ever?
Creatures of Fallout 3 → Feral Ghoul
↳ “Feral ghouls (also known as mindless zombies, ghoul crazies, feral necrotic post-humans, zombies or simply ferals) are ghouls that have lost their ability to reason and have become aggressive. This has caused much discrimination toward other ghouls (which have retained their mental faculties) by human wastelanders.” [x]
I drew a pair of old dogs, Dogmeat and Charon from Fallout 3.
Just a list of tips for beginning players. Inbox me if you have any questions. Also, seasoned RPers feel free to add anything to the list!
- Do not RP a fishmalk. If you have trouble understanding what a fishmalk is, there are posts on tumblr that you can refer to, as well as a lot of stuff via searching Google. If you play a Malkavian, research their derangement first. Get a good understanding of it before you roleplay it. If you want an example of what not to play, look at the Malkavian player character in Bloodlines. The Malkavian PC was put in the game to highlight the dark comedy feel of the game and was deliberately written as a fishmalk. Don’t. RP. The Malkavian. PC. From Bloodlines. I am begging you. I am literally on my knees typing this.
- If you roleplay as Ravnos, tread carefully, and tread DAMN carefully. The original Ravnos clan concept is based off a harmful “G*psy” stereotype of the Romani people. If you play a Ravnos, please do not do this. It is harmful and offensive. For example, I have a Ravnos who is German-Jewish, and a friend had a Ravnos who was Egyptian and another Ravnos who was Persian. A Ravnos can be any group of people. Please don’t use racist stereotypes for your character (and this applies to really anything). I can’t repeat this enough. Just don’t.
- A similar guideline should apply to the Giovanni, which is a clan based off the stereotypical Italian mobster scene. Your Giovanni doesn’t have to be Italian. A Giovanni, like a Ravnos, can be anyone.
- Like their fellow independent clans, the original concepts for Assamites and the Followers of Set were rife with undertones of racism. Once again, research and use your head, not harmful caricatures.
- When first starting out, don’t play a very very old vampire - like a vampire who has been around for thousands and thousands of years. It can create problems within an RP group because of the sheer power such a vampire has. Unless you are experienced and know how to play an methuselah reasonably, you should keep your character(s) a lot younger and less powerful. Super-charged vamps aren’t necessary for an exciting RP session.
- Love the game, but recognize its flaws and work around them. Use the world as a basis for a better story. I hate to beat a dead horse, but White Wolf has done some pretty embarrassing things involving racism and sexism. Don’t use them.
- If there is a revised edition of a VTM book (and this definitely applies to Clan Books), then go with the revised edition. With all due respect to White Wolf, the vast majority of first edition material was garbage (Malkavian clanbook, Ravnos clanbook, etc.)
- Learn the rules! This is just a good idea. Why? Here, have another list:
> You won’t feel as lost when encountering other players.
> To quote a friend, you can’t build a bicycle without a manual. Don’t try to. Read the basic rules and lore. Learn more about the world you’re exploring. Is this me assigning you homework? Kind of, but not really. The VTM sourcebooks are very fun to read, in particularly the revised editions.
You don’t have to become a walking World of Darkness encyclopedia to know the rules and basic lore of the game. I’ve only been using WoD content for a little over a year. I have a friend who has been into WoD since childhood and is STILL discovering new things about the system. Don’t feel like you have to learn EVERYTHING, because you don’t and you probably won’t. But do at least learn the basics.
- Have fun! In the dark setting that Vampire the Masquerade takes place in, it’s easy to get too involved. Remind yourself that it is fantasy and that it is only roleplay. In character actions do not equal out of character personality and morals. If you feel like you’re getting too worked up, take a break.
- "But Sara! I can’t find where to buy Book X because it’s super rare and this game is old as balls! What do I do?" Message me. I have a small collection (hahaha small) of WoD books and I will be willing to help you out.
[[However, I’m not going to refer you to first edition clanbooks or WoD: G*psies (yes, they really made that book) or Shoah: Charnel Houses of Europe (my fucking god don’t get me started). The end. Sorry. Find them somewhere else.]]
I hope this [annoyingly long post] helped. Happy biting!
im excited for amazon to start sending packages out by drone because now i can start carrying a sling shot around with me and knock them out of the air and get a present and it will be just like animal crossing
Eat a dick, Raul.
Butch DeLoria + Character Devlopment [for damnbenedict]
You know your language is beautiful if it has words like Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänskajütenschlüssel